Arapahoe Community College (ACC) is looking for:
- Assistant Classroom Teachers for full-time employment at our Child Development Center
- Current ACC students for work study jobs at the CDC while going to school
- New students excited to join this profession and enroll in our Early Childhood Education program
Early Childhood Education (ECE) is a rewarding and challenging career. Research continually demonstrates the importance of high quality early childhood programs which support children’s growth and development in all areas of life in the first 8 years. During these years the foundation is set for future social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development. One of the most important influences in these early years is the child’s teacher.
Currently there is a shortage of well-prepared early childhood professionals in the U.S. according to the U.S. Labor Statistics. Colorado predicts an increase between 33-43% through 2025* – you can enter a highly sought after career!
* Colorado Workforce Development Council, colorado.gov/pacific/cwdc/colorado-talent-pipeline-report
Our Child Development Center (CDC) is a NAEYC accredited, high quality preschool and child care center that offers an affordable, safe, and stimulating environment for young children. We accept children 18 months to 6 years of age. Parents are ACC students, staff, faculty, and community members. Our philosophy is hands-on learning with positive interactions, accepting that children are at different developmental stages and have unique talents, needs and capabilities. We provide an inclusive environment that offers opportunities for individualized learning through a variety of developmentally appropriate and enticing activities that stimulate curiosity and exploration. The goal of the ACC CDC is to provide children with a nurturing environment where they have the opportunity to develop their problem solving skills, learn to interact with their peers, and develop a strong educational base that gives them a solid foundation for lifelong learning and success. ACC offers high pay, competitive benefits, top-rated facilities, and a convenient location.
Our ECE Program partners with the CDC to allow ECE students to observe the program and practices. The program provides a strong foundation for students entering early care and education, as well as other careers. ACC offers:
- Associate of Arts Degree in Early Childhood Teacher Education
- Certificate in Early Childhood Teacher
- Certificate in Early Childhood Director
- Certificate in Infant/Toddler Nursery Supervisor
- As well as ongoing professional development for those currently in the ECE field
Join one of the most rewarding professions and start Moving Mountains!
by Pam Didusch and Kristin Habicht