Participating ACC staff for Bike to Work Day 2015
- Remember that you are sharing the road – or pathway – with other motorists, pedestrians and cyclists. Use caution and respect their rights.
- Ride defensively. You should always assume that others don’t see you. Wear light-colored or reflective clothing and accessories such as a vest, arm band and leg bands.
- Ride in designated bike lanes or designated bike paths, or as close to the edge of the road as possible (and in the same direction as the traffic flow).
- Stop at stop signs and traffic signals; slow down and look both ways at intersections.
- Use the approved hand signals for turning and stopping. Observe and yield the right of way.
- Never ride with headphones or earbuds – they tend to mask the sounds of traffic and emergency vehicles (and the wires can tangle in moving parts of the bicycle).
- Never carry items that obstruct your vision, and don’t weave through traffic or make sudden moves.
- Never ride a bicycle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.