If you haven’t been to our Parker campus lately, you are in for a surprise. The 2nd floor remodel is complete and we now have cutting edge science labs, lab prep space and a new student space. This will allow us to offer more courses and programs in Parker. Check out photos of the new labs and student area below.
Our Parker Campus remodel is progressing with great success! Our students will soon be enjoying state-of-the-art science labs, a beautiful new student lounge area, and innovative classrooms to enhance experiential and collaborative learning.
Here’s what we’ve been busy working on:
- Office, restroom and classroom “finishes”…including ceiling grids, drywall, plumbing, painting and lighting
- Overhead rough-end completions for mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Wet / dry lab prep areas
- Electric panel & transformer relocation
- Boiler room / glycol system / hydronic piping
- Rubber-sheet flooring in the labs (complete with heat-welded seams)
- Removal of acoustic ceiling fixture and addition of a student lounge skylight
- Revamped HVAC and ductwork systems
Take a look at our progress!
If you have been to our Parker campus lately, you know that we’re busily working on the new science labs. Construction has begun and the dust is flying. Here are some photos to show you our progress.
We also want to let you know that the ACC Parker campus will be closed on Friday, March 10 to take care of electrical and gas components that will leave the campus without electricity and heat on this day.
Make sure to watch our blog for more updates and photos from construction! We’re excited to share them with you!
2017 is a big year at the ACC Parker campus! We’re gearing up to recreate our space and add new state-of-the-art science labs and work space. Construction is set to start in early February 2017. All of these updates mean we’ll be able to offer more classes, but also that it will be a construction zone this semester. Check out what’s to come!
Awesome things to come:
- Innovative classrooms with state of the art technology to create a collaborative learning experience.
- High tech science labs with flexible configurations to accommodate several different scenarios (wet lab, dry lab, prep areas, group discoveries, individual explorations – all things cool and science-related).
- State-of-the-art lounge area for students to feel like part of the Parker community / ACC community / student community, all in one learning commons space.
- Administration collaborative offices to create cohesion of shared ideas and expansion of experiential learning.
- More course selections to finish your degree in your community.
- Complete A.A.S. degree!
A few things to keep in mind:
- Construction will start the first part of February. We’ve got ear plugs on hand for those noisy days!
- Parking spaces will be more limited. If your goal is to get 10,000 steps in a day, you’ll be on your way!
- Intermittent electrical outages. Remember to save your work often!
- Limited second floor bathroom accessibility. Don’t worry, the first floor will still be up and running!
- We got a positivity pole to share your thoughts on what you are most excited about for the new science labs and we’re fully staffed if you have any question or concerns during this exciting time.
If you have any questions or need accommodations, please contact the ACC Parker campus at 303.734.4822 or email@example.com.
We know finals can be really stressful. We’re here to help you make it through with your sanity and a decent grade. We’ve gathered all of our activities and services available into one place for your convenience.
Library & Learning Commons
- December 7, 8, 9, & 10, the Library & Learning Commons will be offering “study snacks” throughout the morning and evening.
- December 7, 8, 9, & 10, the Library & Learning Commons will remain open until 10 p.m. for you night owls.
- CANCELLED: December 9th, the stress-relief therapy dogs will be here from noon to 2:00 p.m.
Student Success Center
Peer Tutors are here to help with final exams, papers, and projects up until Dec 15. Drop-in hours are Mondays – Wednesdays 10 am – 6 pm, Thursdays 10 am – 5 pm. Other days/times may be arranged for appointments by calling 303-797-5824.
Math Support Center
Extended hours: December 4 and 11 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Soup & Stress Relief
Dec. 8 and 9 at 11 a.m.
Second Floor Atrium Don’t take finals on an empty stomach…let ACC do the cooking. Enjoy complimentary soup, salad and bread beginning at 11:00 a.m. both days in the Second Floor Atrium.
PJs With Santa
December 11 at 6 p.m. in the Summit Room
Enjoy an evening of holiday cheer with dinner, dessert and storytelling. Festivities will include fun and games for children, as well as a special appearance by Santa Claus himself.
Admission is $3 for kids and $4 for adults. Please purchase tickets in advance at the Student Life Office (Room M2820).
ACC Parker Campus
Finals Week Coffee Bar
The semester is wrapping up. Free coffee tea and snacks will be available for during finals week. Refuel and warm up before or after your big test! You are going to do great!
ACC Castle Rock Campus
Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate bar and snacks will be available finals week. Refuel and warm up before or after your big test!
Day or night, our ACC Parker Campus bustles with activity. Early birds arrive at 8am while night owls work late into the night. With offerings to pursue a variety of certificates and Associates degrees, you can connect your passion to opportunity at our ACC Parker Campus. We have the talent and drive to help you meet your goals, regardless of what career and academic path you pursue. With a variety of student services, Guaranteed Transfer Courses and exciting new course offerings, our ACC Parker Campus staff can help you Move Mountains at the right place and right time for you!
Whether you are studying Business, Early Childhood Education, Computer Information Science or are taking electives for your degree plan, you’ll find ACC Parker to be a great spot to grow and learn.
Our ACC Parker Campus is growing too! We are happy to offer more Health and Science offerings, preparing students and community members to thrive within the growing health care and science fields. With offerings such as Emergency Medical Technician Certification, Medical Terminology, Certified Nursing Assistant, Human Nutrition, Human Anatomy and Physiology, and Pathophysiology, you can pave your path with our classroom to career courses.
Stay tuned for more Health and Sciences offerings as our ACC Parker Campus expands. Renovations will begin next year and will include more space for specialty programs, labs, and study areas!
Spring registration has started. Give us a call at 303-734-4822 or visit us online, and let us help you connect your passion with opportunity!
Together, we can Move Mountains!